Executive Committee is designed to:
- Work with Coordinators to advance the work of the Council between meetings
- Approve committees' program of work in order to address key issues and priorities of the Council
- Recommend approval of requests for external funding
- Advise coordinators about the direction of projects and activities
- Appoint committees needed to carry on the work of the Council
- Appoint consultants as needed to bring expertise to the Council
- Set the agenda for the Council meetings
To enhance post secondary and college awareness among students, families, school personnel, and business, civic, and community leaders in the region by compiling and disseminating information on initiatives hosted by North Texas P-16 Council member organizations.
To showcase and support evidence-based practices by North Texas Regional P-16 Council member organizations that promote and produce educated citizens who are workforce ready.
To secure resources for North Texas P-16 Council member organizations to enhance their efforts to promote postsecondary education participation by students from groups underrepresented in higher education.
To assess and disseminate data and reports related to factors influencing student success initiatives in the north Texas region.